|Home||About||Join||Committees||Awards||Students||Past District Meetings|
Institute of Transportation Engineers
SECTION ACTIVITIES AWARD
Initiated in 1992, the Section Activities Award is designed to encourage and promote active involvement by ITE sections in activities promoting the purpose and objectives of ITE. It recognizes the overall quality of section activities, be they technical or non-technical in nature, and may include technical meetings, technical committees, technical reports, seminars and training programs, student participation, career guidance, membership campaigns, public relations activities and others.
• Activities conducted jointly by more than one Section are eligible for consideration.
• Activities must have been ongoing or have been completed during the preceding calendar year.
• Submittals will include a concise summary of the reasons for nomination, in particular the overall program of activities within the Section.
• In order for the Section to qualify for the award on the District and International level, the following must be submitted:
Completed Section Annual Report Form (see link below for copy of form).
A summary of Section Activities for the year – not to exceed three pages
Any material beyond the Annual Report and Activities Summary labeled as attachments
• All entries must be submitted electronically to the District Award Coordinator no later than April 1, of the following calendar year. The application must be formatted in Adobe Acrobat®. Any award submission received by the Award Coordinator after this date will not be considered. All entries for this award must be sent to the Award Coordinator first, do not send to ITE as this will delay your application being judged in a timely manner.
• Originality or innovation of the activities
• Motivation to undertake the activity
• Level of commitment and involvement of the Section leadership and membership
• Applicability to other Sections
• Effectiveness of the activities achieving the planned objectives
The District Award Coordinator selects the top Section Activity Report based on the above criteria. The winner is recognized at the annual District meeting if the selection has been finalized. The winning report is also submitted to International ITE and evaluated against the top reports from other districts. If selected by International ITE as the overall winner, the Section will receive the following:
• Recognition at the ITE Annual Meeting and in ITE Journal
• Up to $1,000 travel reimbursement to attend the ITE Annual Meeting
Questions regarding the Section Activities Award may be directed to:
Amanda Johnson (District Award Coordinator)
Eunice Chege Thoya
Phone: 202-785-0060 ext. 145
A copy of the Section Activities Award Report Form can be found at the following: